I have been running a brief introductory course about mindfulness which is called the Beginner's Mindfulness Course
I am also in the process of developing a short Mindful Eating Course
Other short courses I offer are:
Mindful Way through Depression; Mindfulness for Anxiety; and Mindfulness for Stress Reduction
Beginner’s Mindfulness Course
Starting Wednesday 10th June for 4 weeks 6.30-7.30pm
Kelson Community Center, 5A Timaru Grove, Kelson, Lower Hutt
To Book- email email@example.com ot contact me 027-677-8783
This course is a brief introduction for anyone interested in learning about mindfulness and its benefits. You may be wondering whether mindfulness could be helpful for you or you may be unable to commit to the full 8 week course.
During this 4-hour introductory course you will learn about key components of mindfulness as well get to practice mindfulness techniques that will help you to stay more focused on the present moment and reduce stress. It is run over 4 weekly 1 hour sessions or as a half day workshop.
Details of Upcoming Beginner's Mindfulness Courses
Cost $46 (includes GST)
Session 1- The Science of Mindfulness.
- Introduction to mindfulness and its benefits
- Your brain and the nature of thoughts
- Mindfulness exercise- Body Scan
Session 2- The Science of Stress and Relaxation
- Introduction to the stress and relaxation response
- Developing Resilience
- Mindfulness exercise- Breathing Meditation
Session 3- The Science of Relating to Self and Others
- The Inner Critic
- Empathy and Compassion
- Loving Kindness Meditation
Session 4- The Art of Living Mindfully
- Integrating Mindfulness into Daily Life
- Being and Doing
- Mindful Listening
- Three-minute breathing space
Questions you may have
- Do we sit or lie down for the mindfulness exercises?
- The mindfulness exercises make up 15 mins of each session and will be done seated in chairs
- What should I wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing
- What should I bring?
- Pen and paper if you wish to take notes
- You will be given a handout each session
- How do I register for this course?
- Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook message me @mindfullifenz
- When is payment required?
- Payment is required prior to the course starting, or you can pay on the first session if you let me know in advance
- There are no refunds if you miss a session- as your place on the course has been reserved for you
- What if I miss a session?
- I will email you any handouts or information from the session