I will be offering a number of short courses in 2021:
Beginner's Mindfulness Course: This 4 week course is a brief introduction for anyone interested in learning about mindfulness and its benefits. You may be wondering whether mindfulness could be helpful for you or you may be unable to commit to the full 8 week course.
Dates: Thursdays from 14 January to 4 February 2021 6.30-7.30pm at Kelson Community Centre, 5A Timaru Grove, Kelson, Lower Hutt
For more information see below.........
Mindful Eating Course: This 4 week course is for anyone who wants to change their relationship with food in order to support their physical, psychological and mental well-being. You will learn how to reduce emotional eating and become more mindful of your eating patterns.
Dates: Thursdays 8 April to 29 April 2021 6.30-7.30pm at Kelson Community Centre, 5A Timaru Grove, Kelson, Lower Hutt
Mindfulness for Sleep: This 4 week course is for anyone who struggles with sleep and would like to develop a better relationship with their sleep through using mindfulness practices.
Dates: Thursdays 1 July to 22 July 2021 6.30-7.30pm at Kelson Community Centre, 5A Timaru Grove, Kelson, Lower Hutt
Mindful Way through Depression: This 4 week course will introduce participants to mindfulness practices that can shift mental habits that lead to critical thinking, self-blame, rumination, and despair and break the cycle of depression.
Dates: Thursdays 23 September to 14 October 2021 6.30-7.30pm: at Kelson Community Centre, 5A Timaru Grove, Kelson, Lower Hutt
Mindfulness for Anxiety: This 4 week course will introduce participants to mindfulness techniques that can help reduce anxiety, stress and calm panic, as well as support mental and psychological well-being.
Mindfulness for Stress Reduction: This 4 week course will introduce participants to the skills to understand and reduce stress through the practice of integrating mindfulness into their daily lives.
Beginner’s Mindfulness Course
To Book- email firstname.lastname@example.org ot contact me 027-677-8783
During this 4-hour introductory course you will learn about key components of mindfulness as well get to practice mindfulness techniques that will help you to stay more focused on the present moment and reduce stress. It is run over 4 weekly 1 hour sessions or as a half day workshop.
Details of Upcoming Beginner's Mindfulness Courses
Cost $46 (includes GST)
Session 1- The Science of Mindfulness.
- Introduction to mindfulness and its benefits
- Your brain and the nature of thoughts
- Mindfulness exercise- Body Scan
Session 2- The Science of Stress and Relaxation
- Introduction to the stress and relaxation response
- Developing Resilience
- Mindfulness exercise- Breathing Meditation
Session 3- The Science of Relating to Self and Others
- The Inner Critic
- Empathy and Compassion
- Loving Kindness Meditation
Session 4- The Art of Living Mindfully
- Integrating Mindfulness into Daily Life
- Being and Doing
- Mindful Listening
- Three-minute breathing space
Questions you may have
- Do we sit or lie down for the mindfulness exercises?
- The mindfulness exercises make up 15 mins of each session and will be done seated in chairs
- What should I wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing
- What should I bring?
- Pen and paper if you wish to take notes
- You will be given a handout each session
- How do I register for this course?
- Email me on email@example.com
- Facebook message me @mindfullifenz
- When is payment required?
- Payment is required prior to the course starting, or you can pay on the first session if you let me know in advance
- There are no refunds if you miss a session- as your place on the course has been reserved for you
- What if I miss a session?
- I will email you any handouts or information from the session